Table of Contents Hide
Workwear Guru is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Tough and durable, Wolverine is a much-appreciated brand used to make clothes, shoes, and other work protection wears. However, the brand uses pretty rough bang-around material that needs to be cleaned and maintained using a delicate procedure.
Like all work shoes, Wolverine boots don’t last forever, but you can extend their life significantly if you know how to take care of them. Let’s look at some pointers on how to clean Wolverine work boots.
Wolverine Work Boots: An Overview
Wolverine work boots are made for comfort and performance on the job. They come in various shapes and features and provide outstanding durability and protection, allowing you to be productive all day.
Moreover, Wolverine work boots are popular among metalworkers because they are durable, extremely comfortable, and well-made. Metalworkers wear them to protect their feet from metal dust and debris while working on demanding tasks such as welding or grinding.
With Wolverine work boots, you can feel confident that your feet are protected from sharp objects and harmful chemicals in the workplace. You can also walk around all day long without worrying that your feet might hurt because of overworked muscles in your legs.
How to Clean Wolverine Work Boots?
Wolverine work boots are one of the most popular brands of work boots. They are very durable and will last you a lifetime. However, they can get dirty very quickly.
If you don’t have the time or the means to take them into a shop to clean them professionally, there are several ways how to clean Wolverine work boots yourself. First, pay attention to what kind of material they have, then according to the material, you choose the suitable cleaning method.
How to clean wolverine leather work boots?
The simplest way to clean wolverine leather work boots is with some soapy water and a rag. Here is a step-by-step process on how to clean them.
- Step 1: Start by removing the laces and wiping the upper and outsole with a moist towel to remove any dirt. Pay attention to the boot’s seams and any metal parts of the boot so that they don’t get damaged while cleaning them.
- Step 2: Next, you will want to buff the leather using your own shoe trees and polish the boots using a leather conditioner.
- Step 3: If you have a leather-edged outsole, you can also use an edge sealer, polish, or wax to protect the edges of the boots.
- Step 4: If desired, use polish to add color or gloss. Dark polishes will darken any contrast stitching, so keep that in mind. Use a soft brush to clean your shoes and make them shine.
- Step 5: Finally, if you want a deeper shine, use shoe polish to achieve it.
How to clean wolverine suede work boots?
Wolverine suede work boots can be tough to clean, but you can make it easier. You don’t have to do much when cleaning wolverine suede work boots. A little bit goes a long way! Here are a few tips:
- Tip 1: Use a brush to remove dirt and debris from the top of the boots. Clean the tops of your wolverine suede work boots with a brush, not your hands or any other material that might scratch them.
- Tip 2: For hard-to-reach places, use an old toothbrush or a cleaner that uses toothbrush bristles to get in small spaces. The method will help clean out the wolverine suede work boots and leave them looking new again.
- Tip 3: DON’T use oils, sprays, or treatments. You can use some waterproof sprays, but it is always recommendable to test them first on a tiny or inner section to see how they affect the material’s color and feel.
How to clean the inside of Wolverine boots?
There are many different ways to clean the inside of Wolverine boots. Below we listed a few tactics you can use.
Many people have found success by using a toothbrush to brush off all the dirt between each toe area. While this method is effective, if you don’t clean the shoe properly, you might not be able to wear them for too long before they start smelling bad from bacteria build-up inside. So be careful when using this method.
Another option is to use a cleaner specifically made for cleaning rubber shoes like Wolverine boots. These cleaners are designed to cut through oils and other things that can accumulate on the surface of rubber shoes, making them easier to clean.
Also, you can use an old toothbrush or some other kind of abrasive object to scrub the inside of your boots.
Whatever the method, always be careful. The last thing you want to do is cause damage to your shoes.
Additional Caring Tips
To make your Wolverine work boots last longer, here are some additional tips you can use:
- Tip 1: To last longer, give your Wolverine boots a day to breathe in-between wears.
- Tip 2: Keep them tidy. Stitching and leather are abraded by dirt.
- Tip 3: Keep your Wolverine boots dry at all times (uppers and leather soles). If the boots get soaked, make sure they are completely dry before putting them back on. However, don’t use heat to dry them out. The best practice is to sun dry your work boots.
- Tip 4: Make use of shoe trees. They keep the form of the shoe or boot and absorb water naturally.
- Tip 5: If you have leather boots, make sure to condition them at least once a month. The method preserves the leather’s integrity by replenishing its natural oils, keeping it soft and protected.
- Tip 6: Avoid any conditioners, creams, polishes, or other products that contain silicone or alcohol. They can do more harm than good.
You can’t go wrong with Wolverine boots if you’re looking for a pair of boots that will last you many years. However, over time, your Wolverine boots can begin to look dirty, ripped, and worn out. Hence, you can follow the steps above and your Wolverine work boots will remain in shape for a longer period.
Give your boots the maintenance they deserve, clean them time after time and you will always have that fresh and new look.